Can you believe it’s 2016? Wasn’t it just 2008? OK, did you make that annual New Year’s resolution to loose weight, eat healthier and exercise? It’s two weeks into the New Year and have you already “caved”? Don’t feel guilty and just throw in the towel! We all need a second chance, so I am giving you one right now.
- Stop sabotaging your goals and just “regroup”
- Start by making small changes to your diet, i.e. add more fruits and veggies each day, have a smoothie for breakfast 2x’s a week, etc.
- Add simple and fun ways to get in your exercise and don’t be so hard on yourself. If you like to dance, go dancing. Jogging is not for everyone!
- Write down your lifestyle goals. This will make them more tangible and clear. And you can always look at this list and read it for reinforcement or tweak it as needed.
- Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a fad diet. Think about how these changes will effect your health and longevity.
- Get the support you need. Ask a friend to join you as a workout buddy or someone that will help hold you to your convictions but not judge you.
- And of course, you can always enlist the services of a health and wellness coach. (a.k.a. me!)
- Remember, whether it’s January 1st or December 31st, today is the first day of the rest of your life!